Over the last 10 years, UPIA and MAPIT have received more and more audio recordings or what is presumed to be paranormal, be it odd sounds or Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) recordings. UPIA & MAPIT use cutting edge software such as full spectrum analysers and enhancement tools so to give better conclusions. In some cases, UPIA & MAPIT have gained the assistance from University Departments in regards more complex forms of analysis. If you have recorded something strange and wish us to analyse the recording for FREE.
Submitting your audio for analysis could not be any easier. No matter what type of tape recorder or dictaphone used. Simply follow the steps below...
When submitting a piece of audio for analysis it is necessary to provide certain information such as:
1. The Make and Model of the recording equipment used.
2. How old the equipment is.
3. Recording speed such as, Extra Long Play, Long Play or Standard.
4. Recorded on tape, disc or HDD.
5. Weather conditions at the time the audio was taken.
6. Time, Date and Location of audio.
7. If audio footage was taken indoors, Please describe the location.
8. Footage stored on Disc, Tape, HDD, Flash Drive / Memory Stick. (Disc or Tape make and model).
9. Filters, amplifiers used or special techniques.
10. Length of audio piece.
11. Other equipment in the vicinity.
12. New or used batteries (If Applicable).
13. Range of audio microphone or setting (If Applicable).
14. Audio equipment was held or stationary.
15. People in the vicinity.
Please provide any additional information that may assist us with our conclusion such as, witnesses to the event, other pieces of audio taken on a different recorder or dictaphone. It is important to provide the original audio piece. (In some cases we accept the fact that a single duplication is required to remove the audio piece off HDD etc).